29 December 2005

Setting your priority...and moving on!

Forget about wat happened on Sunday and Monday. Nothing significant, kenduris, classes, presentations... dat's all.

Today wanna talk about setting your priorities right.

There's this lady in my ofis. She is suppose to be the driver for this one project, we call it R29. I was the driver for R28, which is already over. Dat's why rilek abih sekarang..hehhee..otherwise where got time to blog one! Anyway... for each project we prepare a timeline, tasks and deliverables. She also did the same thing. Apparently she has not started on the project yet. To put things simple, due date on the timeline all over already. Before this thing gets to my boss, I asked her few times, "How is R29 doing?" she said.." Oh..I'm working on this...on that, I have to ask boss on this..on that..bla bla bla.." all sorts of excuses.

Somehow, last Friday, my boss go to know, and she mengamuk like crazy i tell u!! So this week I started to brief her, prepare guidelines, everything I could do to provide her the help she needed- so that no more excuses for not starting the work. However, surprisingly, she still has not started, instead still balming other stuff, this la, that la...I kenot do this while this is not finished la... bullshit la...oh come on...I've done it before..all those are craps!!

Moral of the story is, it seems to me that she is not setting her priorities right. She keeps on focusing on other unimportant stuff. The important one if left behind, waiting for the rest to finish 1st. Whereas they got no interdependency at all. I think she is afraid of moving on to the next tasks which is more challenging, dat's why she keeps on doing the senang one..over and over again.

This incident makes me think. Sometimes it happens to me.. When I'm afraid of moving on to the next level...whatever it is, I will keep giving reasons why I have not complete the level before, so it looks like I kenot move to the next level, not because I dont want to, but because I have yet to complete the level before. Get wat I mean? teruk ek?

Sometimes, we do not realize our weaknesses until we see it in other people. It happens to me a few times. Dulu, I used to blame others for anything that happened to me. Now, I try to sit and think, what have gone wrong? what did i do or did not do? what should I do in future?

heheh...muhasabah diri la plak!!

okes....wanna study now..got to read a 15 paged article for next week's presentation. kena lagi la from Dr O!!!

1 comment:

eddie said...

wahhh welcome to blogging konot.. hoep to read more of you here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...