14 August 2006

A week’s story

Hello mello,
Lama tak update blog. I was sick, and hospitalized. Anyway this was what happened, panjang sket post nih. One week wooo I was sick.

Sunday 6 August
I woke up to go to class, my whole body was aching, especially my neck and shoulder. Aikk.. apsal semcm jer sakit badan, cam nak demam, (dah ler mmg malas nak pegi class J). Then tekak rasa sakit. Konfem demam! I went to clinic, ambik ubat demam, dr said suspect denggi, coz no batuk or selsema. Tekak just started to bengkak, so no need antibiotics, just drink plenty of water. After clinic, went to KLCC with am and sham. Muahahhahaha.... nampak sgt tak demam teruk, class ponteng, KLCC larat plak pegi.. apa nak jadik konot??

Anyway Sunday was okay, only malam tu I started shivering, very cold one. Really kenot tahan, baju, jeket and blanket some more.. still menggigil.


Monday 7 August
Konon nak berlakon baik and rajin, siap jugak pergi ofis, hehhee… tapi halfway jalan gi Taman Melati station, I stopped a taxi, dah tak larat nak jalan. Dlm tren, I tried to sleep, but kenot. The tren was too cold. I started shivering again, Whole body aching, sampai ke tulang rasa sejuk and ngilu. I cried.. huhuhuhuh.. I know.. buat malu beb..cam budak2..but I really kenot tahan.


When I almost reached Asia Jaya, I call up Am, I really kenot tahan anymore. He picked me up at Kelana jaya station, and drove back to klinik melawati. Dr ganesan checked me, he said not denggi daaaaa… itu tekak sudah bengkak and start bernanah. I cant remember the term he used, follicle tonsillitis, something like that. He said kalau sakit tekak, mmg likely demam teruk. So he gave antibiotics, 2 days MC (ye ye) and asked to come again by Wednesday if not okay, and he will refer me to hospital. So for the rest of the day, keje aku tido tido tido, bangun makan bubur, makan ubat, tido.

Balqis is such an angel, she will take care of me, help me take my medicine, take water for me, she did not even want to go play with her frens. “Nak jaga mama, adik shayannngg mama” she said. Awwwwwww….. I’m touched. Mama love u so much.. muah muah!!


Tuesday 8 August
Morning I was okay. I even went to the new house and pilih kaler cat for my room. By noon, I started feeling cold and shiver again. I went back, makan bubur (again), ubat and tido. Petang was okay. Malam repeat balik process, and it got worse. I started vomiting. Oh yeahh..lupa nak habaq. My tonsil, I tell u… mak oiiii… ermm.. on second thought, no need to tell la.. to disgusting to tell. Nanti tak der org nak cium aku kalau cerita..hehhe..

Anyway, when I started vomiting, I panic oredi, takut infected ke perut pulak. 12 midnite, I woke my parents up, went to klinik melawati again, and this time the dr gave referral letter to hospital coz he said my tekak is really bad…

So Pantai Bangsar..here I come!!!
Around 1 am sampai kat emergency wad, check itu, check ini, fill form itu, fill form ini, finally I was admitted to room D201. My right hand lebam.. :( huhuhhu caaakkiiittt.. the nurses said my vein is so small, susah nak amik darah. So right hand sakit and lebam, left hand plak kena drip dgn antibiotics.

Yg bestnyer, I was having my period time kena admitted, and satu hapa brg pon tak bawak, so I asked the nurse if they have sanitary pad. She said, “kejap ye, saya check kat gynea ward” Guess what? She gave me pad yg org lepas bersalin pakai!!!! Muahahhahahah.. mcm masuk spital bersalin kat balqis la plak..

Wednesday 9 August.
Morning, the dr came, he said they’re going to drip me with antibiotics for at least 24 hrs, then schedule for a surgery to remove the tonsil tomorrow. Haaaaaaaaaa?? I asked if I really need the surgery, he said if I don’t get it removed, the attack will definitely occur again and again, eventually kena remove jugak. So might as well remove it now, in future no more sore throat… ever!!! Fuhh..biar betul.. bagus gak aa.. so Wednesday one whole day kat bilik. Ermm… how do I explain the feeling ek? Hmmm….

BOOOOORIIIIINGGGG and SAAAAAKIIIIITTTTTT…

Sakit, coz drip tu bukan continuous, dia kasik kejap2. About 15 minutes, dah abih satu botol. Another 2-3 hours masuk lagi satu botol. The process nak masukkan new drip is soooooooooooo the very the painful!! I cried, mcm budak kecik, sakit sgt giler2 I tell u!

Ada this one time, farah and abg matt was there, trainee nurse yg masukkan drip, she taruk the speed laju kot, so dlm 5 minute jer dah abih satu botol. FYI, kalau dia buat speed laju, sakit giler tgn coz pressure masuk kuat. Time nih, bukan tekak lagi sakit (obviously, coz aku dah borak and gelak tak hengat donia…heheeh) but the tangan that hurts. After 5 minutes tiba2 farah cakap “Konotttttt!!! Darah!!!” aku pon tgk2..”aaaaaaaaaa!! darah!!” uper2nyer sbb botol dah abih air, the darah plak yg kuar, byk gak ler. Apa daaaa…. Rugi darah aku beb, dah ler kurang darah.

After maghrib balqis came, best!!! Main golek2, hide and seek dlm blanket, tgk cartoon and nyanyi2. Tapi kejap jer la.. lepas dia balik, I cried…again!! Huuuhhh… I know..baru sehari kat sini dah 2 besen air mata aku kuar.

I felt so lonely. A feeling I have never felt for a loooooong time. Maybe tak pernah masuk spital sorang2. 1st time was almost 20 yrs ago, appendix surgery, my mother wud teman me. Latest time gave birth to Balqis, my ex hubby wud teman me. Now Im alone. Terasa la kesusahannyer.. nak salin baju, nak ambik air, nak pi toilet, nak tutup lampu, nak ikat rambut (*ehem* yg *ehem* baru *ehem* rebonding *ehem*) buat sendiri la jack! Sedey giler. Apa nak buat …terima jer la.. (ni la sebab utama aku nangis..huhuhuhuh)

Sudah!!! Citer sedey tak bley panjang2..kang aku nangis lagik..

Anyway mlm kol 12 dr ask me to posa. Coz tentatively the surgery is scheduled after 12 noon esok. Technically by 7 pm pun mmg dah tak makan apa, just minum air. So by 1 am, I was so demn hungry. Angin sudah naik kepala, pening, muntah2 sumer siap. Adehhh…. Seksanya jiwa raga ku!

Thursday 10 August
Woke up around 7.30, besa la.. segerombolan nurse dtg check itu ini. Perut rasa tak sedap, probably angin semlm tak abih lagik. Muntah again, huahuahauhauhahau… nangis lagik!

Dr came and checked, “Ohh… we kenot have the surgery today, still reddish. What we’ll do, we’ll put you on another day for antibiotics, tomorrow u go home, next week u come again and we schedule u for a surgery”

YEABADABADOOOOOO!!

Tah naper suddenly I was afraid of the surgery. Afraid of the pain, everything. So bila tak jadik, suka pon ada, but pk jugak, kang kalau tak baik2 camner…hmm.. I guess we will have to wait and see la…Btw, today a bit emotionally okay, heheh.. my father brought the lap top, I managed to finish some of my assignments. Can’t wait to go home esok. Wallauweyyy.. satu minggu tak kerja.. wohoooo..best!!!

On the evening I was so bored, I went jalan2 kat bawah. Hoping kot2 ada kedai best2, bleh shopping. Unfortunately tak der, Cuma ada kedai jual brg baby and another convenience store. Naik bilik, started pening and demam balik. Oh I forgot to mention, I think the right tonsil is getting better, BUT the left tonsil dah start bengkak plakkkkk!
Makan panadol, tido, balqis dtg, terus baik demam.. Alhamdulillah.

Friday 11 August.
Im still here. Now it’s 10.30am and I’m still on drip. The dr hasn’t come.
I WANNA GO HOME!!!!!
Last nite maid dah bawakkan baju yg lawa coz Im suppose to go home today. Kalau tak jadi balik ni kang ader yg naik taxi-tren pegi mid valley kang..hehehe..

10 pm – I’m home oredi. Yeahaaaaa!! Honestly, kindda miss the hospital, the room, the nurses. But I’m glad I’m home.
The surgery will be scheduled probably in September. I’m supposed to go for a follow-up checkup on Tuesday, meanwhile, the Dr said I kenot go to work. Fuhhh..tak cukup seminggu , tambah lagi 2 hari beb mc…kekeke..jgn jeles aaaaa…. Tak per nanti aku gunakan masa sepenuhnya nak siapkan assignment and study!

Best balik rumah, balqis was melekat-ing with me all the time.

Balqis : Ma.. I’m sad…
Me: Why r u sad baby?
Balqis : Coz I miss my mom…(hugging me)

Aaaaawwwwwwwwwww…

Me: Are u still sad?
Balqis : Nooooo…..I have my mommy now.. (hugging me again)

Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww… terharu beb!!!

Thank you
A million thanks to those who helped me a lot, who came visit, call, sms, your care, concern and thoughts. Mak ayah, kak ani, kak rahsia, balqis, am, wa, farah, bang matt, sham and liza, iena and her sister ika, en halim and MBA classmates and all my freinds. Thanks to Pantai Bangsar Medical Center, Dr Shunmugam, fellow nurses and staffs.

What have you learnt?
-drink plenty of water
-jangan makan pedas byk sgt
-love your family, love your friends
-be independent.

Sekian story untuk minggu ini. Time untuk membuat assignment!!!

2 comments:

liadevega said...

Laa...hang pun sakit ka konot? macam dok berlawan ngan aku pulak masuk keluaq hospital. Anyway, hope you're feeling better now. Take care.

konot said...

lia...kita ni sama ja.. sakit, byk assignment! hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...